Vogel Haus Vintage

Vogel Haus Vintage

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Preparing for a booth at a craft show/flea market....yikes!

So I made a leap of faith on Sunday and applied to be a vendor at an upcoming craft show/flea market in July.....my husband has been encouraging me, so I'll blame him for this new stress/excitement!  I haven't done a show as Vogel Haus Vintage, but I did one when we lived in Arizona...means I know just a bit of what to expect. 

With that being said, I'm using every spare moment of thought to think and plan out my booth and make sure I have enough product available then.  There is a lot to plan/stress about:

1. Will the show even accept me as a vendor
2. Creating a theme for the booth
3. Deciding exactly what to bring/lug to the show
4. How to build displays to show off the items
5. Finding the best deals on a canopy, banner, etc.

I've started with the theme...and of course it's vintage {you didn't expect something else, did you?}.  My shopping has begun with a trip to one of my favorite thrift stores yesterday (Monday is 25% off day) and my car is full of funky items that may or may not help me plan the booth......I'm adding some pictures I took with my cell to give you an idea of the chaos I've created for myself!  Watch this space for updates.....ideas are certainly welcome and appreciated!  Tell what's worked/not worked for you...


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're off to a good start at collecting items for your table display. Good Luck. I just participated in AND organized a huge event with 40 vendors. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence Rebecca...does that mean you'll do another event after your experience?

    ReplyDelete